Is This The End of My Blogging?

I haven't been blogging much lately. My kids are relatively stable emotionally. Segunda is doing unbelievably terrific with her current set of limitations. We have settled into a routine and all is calm ... for now.

I have made some new Facebook friends. Their struggles with their kids are so much larger than mine. It feels petty to write blog posts about minor surgical procedures that scare the hell out of me, but are really just a tiny blip on the radar. My friends have kids who have had heart transplants, will have a hemispherectomy, spinal cord surgeries, have fought and concurred brain cancer, have multiple cleft lip/palate surgeries. My friends have kids who have ODD, ADD, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder, Autism. I don't have anything to add to that conversation. Of course, Segunda could get diagnosed with those things. Prima has not.

Prima uses her words at level expert. She is just a dynamite kid. She enjoys karate and wants to learn to speak Chinese, but paradoxically doesn't like Chinese school. She loves to be around people who look like her. She craves attention because she is first in birth order and isn't terrible happy to share her parents. She still needs major sleep. She is a generous girl. She gave about a dozen stuffed animals to Segunda so that she would have some to call her own. She donated her old Dusty Crophopper costume to her old pre-k classroom this morning. Parting with things is very hard for her and yet she willingly did it. She continues to be inquisitive at the level of a college researcher. She will either go into a scientific field or become an FBI investigator. She is a born litigator.

Segunda is very much a typical two year old. She gets mad when anyone takes my attention from her. She wants her casts off and she wants them off right now. She is talking up a storm, but we don't understand her most of the time. But she keeps up her monologue and sometimes we catch on. She loves the word "no" as long as she is the one saying it and hates the word "no" when someone else says it. She is very funny and she knows it. She charms everyone she meets and exceeds every expectation set for her. I'm pretty sure she is going to set the world on fire.

We are no longer waiting for our children to complete our family. We are done. It's been almost a year since we came home with Segunda. Now, we are going about the business of enjoying our completed family. It's hard to explain to anyone who hasn't gone through the wait of adoption what it does to your life. Our life was on hold in many respects for 8 years while we waited for our children. We wait no more. And now we hope to show them the world.

I imagine I will blog periodically as something occurs to me that I want to share whether it be funny or just something I have to say. Don't look for this to be a regular thing. Thanks for following. Thanks for reading. Thanks for sharing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe

I Was Not Prepared For This