The Anatomy Talks

For some reason, I was under the impression that once you had the penis/vagina conversation the anatomy talks were done until the sex talks began. I was wrong.

The discussions around anatomy are both embarrassing and amusing, but mostly amusing. I tell it to her straight and then she sings it back to me. Here is an example:

A few weeks ago, while giving Turtle a bath, we had this conversation:

Turtle: Mom, why is there a tongue in my vagina?

Me: That's not a tongue (silently rejoicing that a grandmother isn't hanging out for bathtime as they sometimes do)

Turtle: What is it?

Me: It's called a clitoris.

Turtle: singing at the top of her lungs CLITORIS, CLITORIS, CLITORIS

Awesome.

Yesterday, when I was helping her get into her pajamas, she took off her shirt and immediately began playing with her nipples (as is her wont these days).

Turtle: "Mommy, when I'm a mommy can I play with my mommy nipples?"

Me: Yes.

Turtle: When will they get big?

Me: When you are a grown up.

Turtle: And I can play with them anytime I want, right, Mom?

Wow.

I'm glad she is open about it. I do have to remind her that the appropriate time and place to discuss her anatomy is not at the dinner table.

Ahhhhh, the joys of parenthood. It really is fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I Had No Idea

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe