Ice Bucket Challenge and the Inevitable Negativity



I'm upset. People spend a lot of time complaining about the evils in the world, and I do too. When I started seeing videos on Facebook of people dumping buckets of ice water on their heads, I didn't get it. So I looked into it and realized that they were dumping ice water on their heads to raise awareness for ALS. I thought, wow, that's pretty great and people sure are having fun. Then my husband got tagged and he and Prima had so much fun preparing for and doing their ice bucket challenge video that I really got behind the awareness campaign. How wonderful is it that something as simple as dumping some water on your head has swept the nation and is raising an incredible amount of awareness, and money, at the same time.

So why am I upset, because people keep bitching about it.

  1. It's wasting water
  2. Why don't people just donate
  3. People are grandstanding for attention
  4. Somebody even claimed people were drowning
Give me a break, people. Most people are standing in their grass when they are doing it, so they are watering their lawn. Most people donate as well based on the ginormous increase in donations year over year. What I see are people having a lot of fun with no grandstanding. Can't we just accept this for what it is - a positive thing sweeping the nation. It sure beats the hell out of mass shootings, starving children, and genocide. I'll take the ice bucket challenge any day of the week and smile and chuckle at everyone's silly videos. 

Stop the negativity. There is enough of that already in the world. And keep filling my newsfeed with ice bucket challenge videos. I love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe

Raising a Girl