A Refrigerator in the Toddler's Room

We have had an exciting week around our household. We learned that Segunda will be on a wonderful medication just approved by the FDA late last year to treat hypophosphatasia. She will get her first injection the last week of the month. But, this means that we are getting a refrigerator just for her medication and we will put it in her room. Her room was nowhere near ready to receive a refrigerator. So, we got it ready today. Here is her room before and it's not pretty:









Her room felt very temporary and not at all welcoming. Take a look at our hurried transformation:





As we were moving furniture in and arranging her clothes in the dresser, Segunda kept hugging my legs and saying over and over, "Thank you, Mama." I'm sorry it took us this long to get her room in order. Her medication refrigerator will go on her dresser. 

Then Prima was desperate to begin her re-organization. We got through her clothes and that was it for the day. She did great sorting through her tops, but when we moved onto bottoms, her excitement over her bedroom re-org had waned considerably. I made her stick with it just so we could get it done today and she made fast and ruthless decisions. I filled 3 bins for Segunda and one giant trash bag for donation. 
  This is her shirt pile

Her bottoms

Her dresses



The sizable donation pile. 

My hope is that her ruthlessness with her clothes will translate to her toys, but I imagine that is a bit much to ask for. And, of course, I will keep you posted.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I Had No Idea

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe