The Purge for the Toddler Begins

Today as the kids watched movies trying to get over their illnesses, I went through Segunda's clothes. I purged everything that is smaller than a 3T.


111 sweatsuits, dresses, outfits, pajamas, shirts, pants, swimsuits, leggings.

Then I went through her closet and took out all the things she doesn't like or doesn't wear and 3 40 gallon bins of 3T clothes. Some of the clothes from the bins made it into the closet, but 75% are being donated. 




Only 85 things this go around, but it included a snowsuit, snow pants, and a winter coat. 

I found some real treasures in the bins. Segunda will be over the moon for the multiple sets of Hello Kitty pajamas I unearthed. 

On her closet shelf were several hats and gloves, so I decided to round out the day by going through the tubs in the coat closet full of hats, gloves and scarves and ditched a few there too.
Hopefully these will keep a few toddlers warm in the winter. And the Planes lunchbox should be a hit with any Dusty Crophopper fan. 

The results so far from my efforts are that Husband has filled up almost half of a Lawn and Leaf bag all on his own from his side of the closet. So it's contagious. Prima wandered upstairs this afternoon and asked if we could get started on her room. I told her I had enough for today, and she immediately replied with, "Next weekend, then?" We are headed in the right direction and I'm pleased with the early results of our efforts to Spark Joy thanks to Marie Kondo.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I Had No Idea

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe