Clothes Part 2 - Before and After

Today I tackled the rest of the clothes category for my clothes. These categories are:
- socks
- underwear
- accessories (scarves, jewelry, belts, etc.)
- other (pajamas, swimsuits, etc.)
- shoes

The death count today is:
9 pairs of socks
2 pairs of slippers
1 slip/cami set
1 boustier
3 strapless bras
8 purses
1 hanging cubby organizer
2 storage utility bags
1 bottle bag
1 changing pad
1 portfolio case
2 jewelry bags
2 jewelry boxes
42 pairs of earrings
4 necklaces
7 lapel pins
6 belts
6 scarves
15 pairs of shoes

Here are the before and after pictures to show you the difference. Bear in mind that the bins you see are full of my kids clothes as they grow into them. I will be going through those as well very soon.


Yes, I'm putting my underwear drawer on the internet for all to see. But look at how amazing this is. 


My shirt drawer before and after


My pajama/sweats/swimsuit drawer before and after.


My clothes hung so that they rise to the right. Yes, the toys are still strewn about. But that will change soon.


Well, that's tidier. These pictures will look amazing when I sort through those damned bins.



Sorted the shoes so that they rise to the right as well. It's amazing what a difference that makes. I also stacked the bags vertically instead of just chucking them in on top of each other.


Baubles and more shoes. 

This really feels amazing. This whole process is revolutionary. I didn't need to hang onto 42 pairs of earrings that I was never going to wear. Even my jewelry got lighter. That took the longest to sort through and I found a necklace I thought I had lost 7 years ago. The scarves and headbands were difficult to figure out how to store. Here is what I did. It's not perfect, but it will certainly do for now. 
I was like arranging a bouquet. I folded them and rolled them up and stood them on end. The fabrics were so flimsy and billowy. So, I ended up with a bouquet of scarves and headbands. A really lovely bouquet. 

Thanks for reading. I hope it's inspiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I Had No Idea

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe