Emotions on a Yo-Yo

As everyone knows, we are adopting another child from China and it's a lot of drop everything, scramble, wait, drop everything, scramble, wait, etc. It's an emotional roller coaster. A friend of mine is also adopting her second child pretty close to the same time as us and we have been experiencing the same emotions about 2 days apart from one another.

For us, we were euphoric when we got our match and frantically completed paperwork and waited ....

And I got a little sad looking at Mei Mei's chubby little face and not being able to go get her. Her picture hangs on the wall at work right over one of my monitors. And I look at her sweet face every single day.

Then the LOA came in and euphoria returned, and we rearranged schedules to get to our agency to sign it and waited ...

And sadness ...

and waited ...

And sadness ...

Then the I800 approval came this week and more euphoria.

Giddy highs and depressing lows. During this time, I am in the process of reorganizing the house to keep my brain occupied and tried exercising to get ready for the trip and tore my Achilles and shingles nerve pain has reared its ugly head and Turtle is having acute anxiety that is hard to handle for her and for us. So, we are also trying out some parenting methods we are investigating and they are working.

I feel disorganized. I can't concentrate. I'm ecstatic one day and sad the next. On Tuesday I get to call a government agency to see if things have progressed like they should and if they haven't then Tuesday will be a sad day, but if they have by Wednesday, then Wednesday will be a happy day. Once they do what they are supposed to do we complete more paperwork and wait for Article 5 (whatever that is). Then I think we get Travel Approval from China. Then we book our travel and hope our Visas have been approved and returned to us safely inside our passports.

In the meantime, we have to apply for the abovementioned visas ... so there is that to occupy us. I have a business trip coming up and husband has a few business trips coming up. So, there's that. I have to train a few people to help while I'm gone, but I just can't concentrate beyond 2 minutes on any one thing. It's a wonder I get anything done at all.

We have our clear plastic folders marked China and Consulate and the right paperwork is in each. We have passport photos of each of us. We have passports. We have a growing pile of things to pack on a shelf in the closet. The baby's room is a disaster and I'm not quite sure when I should get to it. I want to reorganize the coat closet, the top shelf of the linen closet, Turtle's room, the family room, and of course, Mei Mei's room. If time permits, I'll throw in reorganization of the pantry for good measure.

I'm tired of being sad. I'm tired of being in physical pain caused by the anxiety of waiting and waiting and waiting. It feels like I've been run over. I just want to get to my baby and a million government agencies have their hands in my adoption. Please move my paperwork along so that we can be united. We are a family of four and one of us is missing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe

Raising a Girl