Parents of Five Year Olds Only



If you have a five-year old, then you are familiar with conversations that go like this:

5 Year Old: Mommy, can I have a tv show before dinner?
Parent: Yes.
5: I can have a tv show before dinner?
P: Yes
5: Before dinner, can I have a tv show?
P: Yes
5: Before dinner, I can have a tv show?
P: Yes
5: Did you say I can have a tv show?
P: * head explodes*

How does one get one's 5 year old to listen to the answers to the question that she herself has asked? How does one keep one's head from exploding in a fiery blast of gray matter and frustration? How does one continue to answer the same damned question over and over until it finally sinks into the fast-moving brain of said 5-year old?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe

Raising a Girl