Kindergarten

Prima starts Kindergarten next month.

I'm not ready.
Just yesterday I accepted my beautiful stoic child outside a conference room in a hotel hallway.
Just yesterday she crawled with the remote control as enticement.
Just yesterday she got a black eye when she trip/stumbled/first stepped her way across the floor.
Just yesterday she held up her arms and said "pickee up."
Just yesterday she held tight to a worn out Elmo.
Just yesterday was her first day of preschool and her tear-stained face is forever etched in my brain.
Just yesterday she discovered her love of dolphins, whales and sea turtles.
Just yesterday she discovered her love of cars and Lightning McQueen.
Just yesterday she discovered her love of planes.
Just yesterday she discovered her future profession as a helicopter pilot for paleontologists.
Just yesterday she memorized Dinosaurs A to Z.

I'm ready.
Tomorrow she will learn to read.
Tomorrow she will make new friends.
Tomorrow she will stretch her wings.
Tomorrow she will write me a love letter.
Tomorrow she will teach me what she learned in school.
Tomorrow she will show me the new trick she learned on the play ground.
Tomorrow she will tell me her deepest wishes for when she turns six.
Tomorrow she will soar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe

Raising a Girl