So, how are you doing with this?

I've been asked the question "So, how are you doing with all of this?" when people learn about Mei Mei's Hypophosphatasia diagnosis. It is a well meaning question, and people ask it because we didn't know about before we adopted her. I imagine people would ask the same question if we birthed a child who had a birth defect or genetic issue.

However, I am not the one with HPP. Mei Mei is. She is the one who has to live with it her entire life.  My struggle will be watching her struggle and that is all. She will go through surgeries, casts, braces, walkers, maybe even a special diet.

This diagnosis just makes me that much more grateful to be her mother. I'm learning a ton and meeting some amazing people who have been there. I'm connecting with the Little People of America  and Soft Bones, Inc. to learn more and gain and give support. It's the most wonderful thing.

So, how am I doing with all this? I'm thriving and loving my child more each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Then Something Wonderful Happened

I don't have a title except a weakness maybe

Raising a Girl